Enter the Weekly Cookup! This is a fantastic idea from my new favorite cookbook Well Fed, and it just might set you free from Good Food Jail. Just think- now you can pay attention to your children and spouse, you'll have time to catch up with friends, maybe even go out for happy hour! You can spend your time like a normal person again! Here's what you do:
- Make a list and go grocery shopping
- Cook up a few pounds of meat with minimal seasoning
- Partially cook some sturdy veggies
- Mix and match with different condiments and seasonings over the course of the week
- 2 small roasted spaghetti squash (about 6 servings)
- 1 baggie of partially cooked broccoli florets (4 servings)
- 1 baggie of partially cooked brussels sprouts (2 servings)
- A little over a cup of cooked onions
- 1.5 lbs of baked boneless chicken thighs
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked with garlic salt & pepper
Materials and my sis' donuts
The finished product, just a few minutes later!
After eating dinner, I threw my breakfast together. I wiped out my pan and heated up 1/3 of the hamburger with a little water & taco seasoning, and added some onions. Once that came together, I set the meat aside, wiped the pan, cooked an egg in it, plopped that on the beef, and packed it up the next morning with some avocado, tomatoes and cilantro. That was a damn fine breakfast.
By 5:30, I was done cooking and cleaning up for the day; I was freee!