Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coconut Scallops & more Cannibalism...

I haven't collected many interesting tidbits lately to make a whole Link Love post, but I just came across this nifty piece about British folk from almost 15,000 years ago eating each other and making cups out of the skulls!  I wonder if they drank tea out of them...

Now that I've ruined your appetite, check out these scallops!  I got a fantastic deal on some scallops at the grocery store, so I picked up a pack- I think they were mislabeled as bay scallops for $5/lb; couldn't pass that up.  I dipped them in some beaten egg white, and then rolled them in some unsweetened, dried coconut, then pan-fried them in coconut oil, just until they were golden brown on both sides.  I made a sauce with some homemade mayo, some ginger, a splash of tamari, & a little fresh OJ, and served them with some veggies from the freezer, and a side of steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment