Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lovely lunches

Inspired by a Balanced Bites post dedicated to lettuce wraps, I picked up a head of Boston lettuce last week.  The great thing about Boston lettuce (aside from its wrap-ability) is that it is still living, and consequently stays good in the fridge for quite awhile.  I brought a few leaves and whatnot into the office and made these bad boys:



Oooh, doesn't that look fancy?  For the filling, I just used some cold rotisserie chicken, bacon, guacamole, and some tomato slices; super easy!


Today I did another bigass salad (this was the second time I've found an adorable baby slug crawling around on my lettuce- eek!)


I brought in some lettuce mix, bacon, rotisserie chicken (I don't eat these all the time, I swear) & dressing, and added some spinach, broccoli, carrot, onion, radish, boiled egg, and a few sunflower seeds from the office salad bar.

Now to think of some semi-homemade lunches sans bacon and rotisserie chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment