Monday, May 9, 2011

Sidelined, and more salad!

My Meetup group (SoMD Wild) had our first Meetup this past Saturday!  We did a hike/run around a lake in the county, and had some food after; good times had by all.  It was about half runners and half hikers (plus our incorrigible Vizsla, Baxter); I'm guessing I probably jogged about 2 miles and walked the other 5.5.  Well, I have totally not been running lately- my right ankle was getting pretty hurty during my running spurts; it just felt like pretty normal running discomfort, so I ran as much as I could.  I was in my Vibrams and I think maybe I overdid it.  I've pretty much just been doing barbell stuff the last couple of months, and while the old shin pain didn't return, I may have been a little overambitious in doing 7.5 miles practically barefoot.  Anyhoo, as soon as I got home, my left foot started hurting.  Over the next couple hours, it started feeling like I sprained my ankle, even though I didn't do anything to it!  I stubbed my right toe and the right ankle was the one hurting on the trail, but it's two days later, and I'm still limping around.  So, I'm off to the doc tomorrow, hopefully to figure out what is going on.

In other news, got some more awesome local produce on Friday.  More organic salad mix, a couple dozen pastured eggs from our local Amish friends, baby arugula, asparagus, tomatoes, and rosemary.  All for fifteen bucks!  Ergo, today's lunch was another glorious salad!  It's with boiled egg, tomato, avocado, and some awesome peppery bacon, topped with Tessemae's lemon salad dressing.  Mmmm...  Thanks to my sweet new iPhone, here's a non-terrible cell pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment