Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Food bites...

I have a crockpot full of chicken confit going at home, and I am quite excited about it :)  I've never made, or even eaten it before, but the post from huntgatherlove is promising fried-chicken-like goodness, and that sounds good to me!  I think I'm going to have it with mashed cauliflower (will probably roast it with some garlic and blend with the Smart Stick- that gives it a nice creamy texture) and some kale (most likely prepared in the residual grease).  So that shall be dinner!  For breakfast, I brought some eggs I prepared last night; I lined a muffin pan with bacon, cracked an egg in each cup, and baked at 350 for about 15, almost 20 minutes (yolks were nice and soft on top, a bit more done on the bottom).  I think next time I'll need to pre-cook the bacon for a few minutes, but they were great.  Lunch is tuna salad (made with onion and homemade mayo) in boston lettuce leaves. 

I bought a duck at the grocery store last night, so that's on deck for the weekend, and will make meatballs with mushroom sauce tomorrow (probably with some veggies roasted in today's confit fat, mmm!)

No comments:

Post a Comment