Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Massive weekend fail and feedback

I already fell off the Whole30 wagon, and am feeling a bit disappointed in my lack of resolve.  I have completed monthlong detox programs in the past, and can be very disciplined, but I made the decision to have a few NorCal margaritas over the weekend.  I went to a dear friend's house and we feasted on grassfed steaks, roasted sweet potatoes, and grilled asparagus.  But, under the evil influence of said margaritas, I had a big bite of cornbread smothered in butter!  That was the worst part because I am totally getting gluten and dairy out of my system, and plan to find out if I have a dairy intolerance also.  So, I've started over, and I'm ok with that because I don't feel like the Whole30 is some kind of food prison; I love everything I've been eating, and I feel good about my workouts.


Winter grilling glory :)

I received a big order from http://www.vermontgrassfedbeef.com/, and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning!  I got a bunch of steaks, ground beef, some nitrate-free pork sausage, roasts, short ribs, cow heart, liver, and a few lbs of pig fat, which I rendered into lard.  That was a fun project, but the boyfriend didn't appreciate the lingering smell, so I'll have to keep that for the warmer months so I can open the windows while it's cooking.  Also, we went to a meditation class at Evolve Yoga & wellness on friday evening, which was great.  I thought we would just stay for half an hour (an hour of meditation is a lot for newbies!), but the instructor spent some portions of the class discussing different techniques, etc., so it went by pretty quickly.  For the most part, I feel pretty good about the weekend; just need to take this thing one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment